Re: update: x86-64: libm-test-ulps for AMD Piledriver?

Once we freeze for 2.18, I propose to truncate the x86 and x86_64
libm-test-ulps files and regenerate them from scratch, so as to get ulps
removals or reductions arising from changes to the libm implementation
over the past several years.  (Architecture maintainers are generally
encouraged to do likewise for their architectures.)  It will then be
useful for people with a range of processors to run "make regen-ulps" for
both x86 and x86_64 to get any processor-specific additional ulps needed,
and for people with a range of compilers to do so for x86 (the compiler
issue being unpredictability of register spills with excess precision; see
bug 15487; the processor issues are that the x87 instructions for
transcendental operations do not produce bit-identical results on all
processors).

So although there's nothing wrong with putting a patch such as this in
now, it may be more useful to generate such a patch after the files have
been fully regenerated at the start of the freeze.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com