Re: requiring text format for patch attachments?

On 06/28/2013 12:19 PM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> It might be useful to mention something about attachments being helpful to avoid
> whitespace damage too, in addition to wrapping damage.

I boldly installed the following wording into the checklist;
please feel free to fix it if I messed up.

 * You can include the patch as part of the text of the email; that's
 often easier.

 * If your mailer insists on wrapping long lines or otherwise altering
 patch contents, or if the diff might cause problems due to binary
 data or mixed encodings, attach the patch to the email.  The
 attachment should normally employ a Content-Type of text/x-diff or
 text/x-patch (or at least text/plain) and a charset of UTF-8 or
 US-ASCII; if it contains binary data or mixed encoding it may need to
 specify a Content-Type of application/octet-stream instead.  Please
 use an attachment file name that ends in ".diff" or ".patch" (or at
 least ".txt").