Re: glibc 2.18 machine status?

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Khem Raj wrote:

> armv5te, mips/malta, ppc603, i586/pc, x86_64/pc64, beaglebone/armv7
>
> and it compiles on mips64/malta, booting issue on mips64 is
> due to kernel segfaults so I am not yet able to boot into
> userspace.

I have tested MIPS for (hard float, soft float) x (big endian, little
endian) x (o32, n32, n64).  That's certainly not exhaustive - there are
plenty of other variants such as whether --with-mips-plt is used in
configuring GCC - but provides reasonable evidence that MIPS is in good
shape.  (Similarly, I've tested ARM for (hard float ABI, soft float ABI) x
(big endian, little endian), although the hard-float big-endian testing
was only "hello, world" with userspace QEMU, since I don't have access to
any big-endian ARM hardware with VFP and the last I checked QEMU didn't
support big-endian system emulation as needed for full glibc testing.
Again, there are lots more ARM variants such as string functions for
different CPU variants.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com