Re: elision-conf.c "__pthread_init_array causes a section type conflict"

Use -save-temps and check the .i file for any other declarations using the
same section attribute.  I suspect there are none and it's just that your
compiler configuration uses .init_array directly, so it's internally
generated a use of the section.

Trunk GCC makes .init_array writable, which it really should be only in PIC
code, where really it should be RELRO.  Probably the problem goes away if
you drop the const in the SHARED case.  But really the compiler is just
wrong and it should be happy with that declaration, possibly requiring you
to add attribute_relro.

So, first just add attribute_relro and see if that works.  If so, then all
is well.  If not, then you can try it with and without const and/or
attribute_relro and see if you get a winner.  But if you can't declare it
const attribute_relro and win then we should file a GCC bug.

Thanks,
Roland