Re: --enable-stack-protector for glibc, v7

On 06/07/2016 01:06 PM, Nix wrote:
This is version 7 of the stack-protected glibc patch, incorporating all review
comments to date (unless I missed some).

I went through this patch series.

Taking stock, I think the only remaining problem is the order of IFUNC resolvers and TCB initializers in the static linking case. The patch series does IFUNCs first, then TCBs. I think we should keep the existing order, TCB first, then IFUNCs. It seems the more conservative choice, but I do not have much experience with static linking.

(It might also help to avoid dropping stack protection from IFUNCs, but since IFUNCs can do so little, that should not matter.)

Thanks,
Florian