Re: glibc 2.24 -- Release blockers

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for checking it. I have pushed a patch into Emacs master which
> incorporates this idea plus Florian's suggestion about restoring
> randomization in child processes; please give it a try.

So far, didn't succeeded to test patch pushed in master branch.
At first trying to reproduce memory issue by building source tar obtained
from commit bf5ddded70c11edaf3514b25da27fc71cfb8e965 and
098d29af10a869e65a36804579f16edc49aabcfa . But didn't see memory
issue in those commits.
I think, this is because ./configure gives following output:

 Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             no (only
before dumping)
 Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no

> Also, I have filed a bug report and proposed patch for the emacs-25 branch
> here:
>
> http://bugs.gnu.org/24033

Thanks Paul for proposing it for emacs-25. I tested final patch proposed at
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24033#11 and it works on
ppc64(le) architectures.

> and will try to convince the Emacs maintainers that the patch is worth
> installing into emacs-25 even though it's pretty late in emacs-25's release
> schedule.

Glad to see that fix will be included in emacs-25.