Re: Patch to further harden glibc malloc metadata against 1-byte overflows

Thanks! What a nice treat to read upon surviving the boonies :-)

As a follow up question: is there any appetite for any additional
glibc malloc metadata checks? While studying the code, I noticed a few
extra checks that could be added here and there. I don't think any of
them would be as useful as security defenses, but maybe they could
trap heap corruptions closer to the time they occurred. Any interest?

Cheers
Chris