libdb and 2 major numbers

Hello,

I have played a little with the db1/db2 problems. I have found a new
"hack". In the db/shlib-versions file, you don't use libdb=xx, which
conflicts with db2, but libdb1=xx. In db/Makefile, you add:

include ../Makeconfig
# Override libdb version
libdb.so-version=$(libdb1.so-version)

This works fine, but I have three problems, which I will have
with all solutions I think of or hear from:

- How could I prevent make install to generate a /usr/lib/libdb.so
  file for db ? For db2, it is ok.

- gnu/lib-names.h: With this hack, we have 2 entries:
  #define LIBDB1_SO       "libdb1.so.2"
  #define LIBDB_SO        "libdb.so.3"
  With other solutions, LIBDB_SO could be libdb.so.2, both is bad.

- scripts/test-installation.pl will fail.

Are there any chances to fix all of this problems ? Or should I
generate separate packages for glibc 2.0 binary compatibility and not
add-ons ?

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de