Re: RPATH overriding

> Hhm, I do not really like this super-variable idea.  It might help
> here put disturb us in another situation.

It can't hurt if you don't use it.  It needs to be filtered for setuid
programs of course, but other than that I don't see a problem.

> LD_BLACKLIST or so would be a pinpoint solution.  But please convince me.

But it seems like an ugly kludge.  Why have a feature that costs code space
and a getenv call in every ld.so startup, but has only one use that is very
rare?

If you are going to do something that is only for this specific purpose in
building libc, then you should just add a `--ignore-rpath' option for when
ld.so is invoked directly.  That minimizes the potential impact on anything.