Re: Header files for kernel and glibc

On Mon, 25 May 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:

> I will fix the glibc x86 header files for <sys/user.h> and
> <sys/ptrace.h>.  I will add <sys/reg.h> for x86. I will send in
> a glibc patch in a day or two.

Thanks. And sorry for my overreaction - I've been having a bad week.

Anyway, I'd be _really_ much happier if [g]libc only used the really basic
header files: things like "asm/posix-types.h", "asm/errno.h" etc are
obviously fine to use from the kernel, but at the same time I'd be even
happier if glibc was compilable even if you didn't have any kernel sources
at all.

		Linus