Re: strange printf failures

On 27 May 1998, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> > I was investigating the use of glibc 1.0[89] for embedded systems
> > use and discovered that printing an FP number required over 40K of
> > stack space for a simple test case.
>
> If you print large number (large exponents) this is true.  I simply
> have not yet found the drive to change this.  It would require several
> careful changes and might effect the so far 100% accuracy.

I am not requesting a change and don't think this is a big deal.

It is not a problem on unix-ish systems with virtual memory and stacks
which can grow but if stack sizes are fixed, then it could be a problem.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985