Re: 2.1 crypt

   Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:53:10 +0100
   From: Philip Blundell <Philip.Blundell@pobox.com>

   Hi,

   Are the 2.0.9x versions of the crypt add-on available at a European
   site anywhere?  Apparently they're not on the usual Norwegian site
   and I've had a couple of requests from people who'd rather not get
   them from the US (for both legal and bandwidth reasons).

   (I checked the old site at uni-karlsruhe but it doesn't seem to
   have been updated recently.)

   Thanks.

   p.

The crypt add-on is pretty stable.  It hasn't been changed for a
while.  The last version I've got is 2.0.91 which I got of the old
site at uni-karlsruhe.  The last version on alpha.gnu.org is 2.0.90,
which probably is identical.  A european mirror of alpha is
sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk (see /Mirrors/alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libc) and the
2.0.90 version of the crypt add-on is there, but you probably
shouldn't ask them how they got it.

If that's not sufficient I may be able to arrange it for the 2.0.9x
version to be put on the Norwegian site, but I am hesitating to do
this because 2.1 is still very much alpha stuff.

Mark