Re: dumb question

> On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:04:22 -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> >> anyone know what 'struct ucred' is?
> >
> >It's a common type in BSD kernels.  Where did you come across it?

No, BSD kernels have cmsgcred or so for it, which has much more
information then the Linux ucred struct (At least FreeBSD).

> In some userspace code that seems to expect it's defined in
> sys/types.h.  Or maybe sys/socket.h.  There's a reference in
> sysdeps/.../linux/bits/socket.h (__SCM_CREDENTIALS), but the actual
> type is not defined anywhere.

struct ucred should be definded in sys/socket.h.

Zack, for what do you need struct ucred ? Are you playing with
__SCM_CREDENTIALS in the moment ? I have some big problems with it,
which I couldn't solve. If I could see code which works, maybe
I could find my mistake.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de