Re: a few more changes

On 07 Jul 1998 18:42:49 -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

>Building from scratch still fails due to the map file generation.  The
>problem is that the sysdep_subdirs variable, used in all-subdirs
>variable and therefore used in the dependencies for sysd-versions is
>at the time the Makefile is started empty.  The -include of sysd-dirs
>fails silently.  But this means that list of Versions files given to
>awk is incomplete, resulting in an incomplete libc.map file.
>
>Unless somebody has a clever idea I'll probably "fix" this by
>replacing the clever use of $^ in the awk call by the list of the
>dependencies.  Since the command will be expanded only when needed
>this time all-subdirs has the right value.  But of course this is
>ugly.  Anybody with a better solution?

Make sysd-versions depend on sysd-dirs?  Then it should be held
off till after sysd-dirs exists.  You might also change the ifndef
avoid-generated to ifndef no_deps.  no_deps gets set when some of the
sysd- files don't yet exist.  Or maybe this is one of the things
Andreas S.'s patches fix?

I can't test this as my makefiles are completely different.

zw