Re: a few more changes

>> Did you try my patch?  I had not problems with it yet.

AJ> It doesn't work for me either.  I made a fresh build and got lots of e.g.:
AJ> /usr/glibc/src/buildreport/19980708/sunrpc/rpcinfo.o: In function `udpping':
AJ> /usr/glibc/src/libc/sunrpc/rpcinfo.c:233: undefined reference to `clntudp_create'
AJ> /usr/glibc/src/libc/sunrpc/rpcinfo.c:236: undefined reference to `clnt_pcreateerror'
AJ> /usr/glibc/src/libc/sunrpc/rpcinfo.c:242: undefined reference to `xdr_void'
AJ> since libc.map wasn't created properly.

AJ> Also removing *.map didn't cause the files to remade, I had to remove
AJ> sysd-versions. :-( After removing sysd-versions, a new make seems to
AJ> solve the problems.

AJ> This problem is with the actual cvs sources (checkout 8am CEST, 8th
AJ> July) which have AFAIK Andreas Schwab's patches.

Sorry, I misread the ChangeLog.  Yesterday Andreas Schwab's patches
weren't applied, but now (10 am CEST, 9th July) they seem to be in.
But I still have problems.  After removing libc.map the file isn't
remade - and - more serious - I still have problems with a fresh
build.

Starting with a fresh build directory versions.awk is called as
follows:

gawk -v buildroot=/usr/glibc/src/buildreport/19980709/ -v defsfile=Versions.def \
       -v move_if_change='/bin/sh scripts/move-if-change' \
       -f scripts/versions.awk csu/Versions assert/Versions
       ctype/Versions db2/Versions locale/Versions intl/Versions
       catgets/Versions math/Versions setjmp/Versions signal/Versions
       stdlib/Versions stdio-common/Versions libio/Versions
       malloc/Versions string/Versions wcsmbs/Versions time/Versions
       dirent/Versions grp/Versions pwd/Versions posix/Versions
       io/Versions termios/Versions resource/Versions misc/Versions
       socket/Versions sysvipc/Versions gmon/Versions iconv/Versions
       wctype/Versions shadow/Versions md5-crypt/Versions
       argp/Versions linuxthreads/Versions nss/Versions rt/Versions
       debug/Versions elf/Versions
       sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/Versions
       sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/Versions sysdeps/unix/sysv/Versions
       sysdeps/i386/Versions
       > /usr/glibc/src/buildreport/19980709/sysd-versionsT

Please note that e.g. login/Versions is not included!

I'm running linux 2.1.108 on ix86 with a recent egcs and make 3.76.91[1].

Andreas

Footnotes:
[1]  I just checked make 3.75 and it shows the same bug for me.:-(

--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@alma.student.uni-kl.de