Re: using glibc2.1 with compiler other than gcc: Problems

Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> What can we do to fix this in glibc 2.1?
> a) Add a special
> #ifdef __TenDRA__
> #  define __inline inline
> #endif
> since tcc can use inline.  This doesn't solve the general problem
> since compiler y also needs extra defines...

I think we should add the above (and maybe for other compilers as they
get used)

For glibc sys/cdefs.h also should contain

	#define __inline __inline

and in the case where inline is not available we'll have

	#define __inline 0

All code in headers which depends on inline will be protected by

	#if __inline
	#endif

This tests exactly for what we are looking for, namely, that inlining
is available.

Comments?