yesterday's initfini.c change

Hi,

I should add one more comment to the change: obviously I've reverted
the last patch in parts.  The problem is compatibility.  At least on
ix86 it wasn't possible anymore to preload a newly build shared object
to a binary which was build with the old startup code.  The problem is
in looking up the value of __gmon_startup__.  The old way works when
it has to see whether __gmon_startup__ was statically linked into the
binary or not.  But it fails to recognize the situation when
__gmon_startup__ is loaded dynamically.

Anyhow, instead of trying to come up with a complex solution (if any
is available) I simply use the old way for ix86.  For those platforms
which don't have problems we can use the other way.