ld.so threadsafety in 2.0.7

Hi,

I've started looking in porting the changes from 2.0.96 to 2.0.7.
It's possible but there is much more involved than only the latest
changes.  And this could destabilize the whole source tree
significantly.

Given that we got only one single report for the thread-safety problem
I now consider leaving 2.0.7 behind and suggest those users to use
2.1.

Opinions?