Re: Alpha failure [was: Re: egcs test failures under glibc 2.0.98]

Ulrich> Once I've applied the latest patches and run my usual tests I'll
Ulrich> release 2.0.99.

>> I tried the current (as of 12hours ago) CVS version on alpha and
>> didn't succeed at all:
>>

HJ> I was trying to build glibc in CVS as of Oct 24 07:00am PDT on
HJ> alpha. But egcs 1.1 used so much memory on one file. It ran out
HJ> of memory. Do I need a new egcs to compile it on alpha. BTW, I
HJ> am using the kernel header files from Linux 2.1.126.

I had to add -O0 for nsswitch.c (?) since I noticed the same problem
with egcs 1.1 and Linux 2.1.100 (?) headers.

I noticed some other problems but since I've only have a normal
account on the alpha that I can access and that alpha is running Linux
2.0.35, I didn't look closer into it.  I just solved the easy
problems.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de