Re: Problem with ctype.h

> It's already protected using
>
> #if defined __USE_POSIX199506 || defined __USE_UNIX98
> # include <bits/pthreadtypes.h>
> #endif

That is sufficient to comply to all the standards then.

> I can remove the __USE_POSIX199506 but it's not forbidden.

It seems preferable to me to always err on the conservative side, that is
adding fewer definitions.  Real programs will #include <pthread.h> if they
want it, so there is no reason to spend time in the compiler reading those
files and parsing all those definitions in every program that uses sys/types.h.