glibc 2.0.103

Hi,

I've uploaded to

	ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu

the files

	glibc-2.0.103.tar.gz
and
	glibc-linuxthreads-2.0.103.tar.gz

which contain (surprise!) the 2.0.103 test release for glibc.

I think we've fixed the problems reported since 2.0.102 so give it a
try.  The only real problem left known to me seems to be a bit of
incompatibility from 2.0 when it comes to streams.  We'll handle that.

Major changes since last week:
- general cleanup
- incorporate latest PPC changes (no reported error in the testsuite anymore!)
- better patch for RPC DOS
- glibc should now be select()-free
- better add-on support
- add host.conf support
- fixed some severe bugs in the interaction between LinuxThreads and the libc

I got in the last time reports about some programs which used the
symbols starting with an underscore which were available in glibc 2.0.
People, the leading underscore means these are internal symbols and
must not be used.  There are only very few exceptions.  Never use
them.  In future this will be enforced automatically since these
symbols are not anymore exported.  For existing programs with this
problem you can either recompile them or in some cases (if there is a
counterpart without the lading underscores) edit the binary and change
__XXX into XXX.  This is reported to be working with at least one X
server.

As usual, let me know about success and failures.

Thanks,