more on StarOffice

HJ's patch does indeed seem to fix the fclose() segfault.  Thanks.

Unfortunately, more horrors come to light as a result.  The second-stage
installer is trying to use __libc_init and providing a definition of this
symbol just leads to a mysterious segfault with no clue as to the cause.  My
GDB doesn't grok threaded programs correctly and I don't have time to fix this
now so I can't say any more.

p.