Interaction bug between egcs snapshots, glibc, and 2.0 kernels

The `localedef' program in glibc 2.1, when compiled by an egcs snapshot (any
recent one) and run under kernel 2.0.x, gets a bus error.  There is no
problem when egcs 1.[01] or kernel 2.1 are used.

x86 Linux uses SIGBUS only for mmap-ed region overrun and stack overflow.
localedef doesn't use mmap, so this is stack overflow.  I have no idea why
this would be kernel version dependent.  I don't have any resource limits
active.

Is there a reason why snapshots would generate code that uses lots of stack?

zw