Re: CVS build

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >The bind version is 8.1.2, are there any known incompatibilities with
> >glibc 2.1 (recent versions) and bind? This all worked before.
>
> No, I think it should be fine.  Can you try to find out what the DNS queries
> are that are taking a long time?  Tcpdump can probably help you out.

I had similar problems. Turns out I had typos in both nameservers in
resolv.conf, and concidentally only one of the IPs that I had given was
quite accidentally a DNS machine in a far off land! This had me scratching
me heads (no I'm not Zaphod Beeblebox) for a long time until I decided to
double check the IPs and sure enough they had typos in them. I never can
spell these stupid dotted quads correctly. :o(

Cheers,
Alex.

---
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
 > ^ <  Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

Check out http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk
Linux lo-pc3035a 2.1.130 #10 Mon Nov 30 10:49:50 EST 1998
One Intel Pentium 166MHz processor, 66.36 total bogomips, 16M RAM
System library 5.4.44