Re: Extremely bad performance compiling bzip2

> Have you tried bzip2 compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3 and linked to glibc 2?
> I know if there are many getc/putc's in the code, glibc 2 can much
> slower than libc 5.

I would, but I didn't keep my old gcc around. Could someone out there
test bzip2 with some compiler with both libc5 and glibc2 and post some
figures?

BTW, why is it slower? Is glibc 2.1 any faster?

--
Osku Salerma - osku@iki.fi - http://www.iki.fi/osku/
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.