Re: A patch for crtstuff.c

> Why !CRTSTUFFS_O?  Does that mean "not used in a shared library"?  Why

To make existing binaries happy.

> would that make a difference?  Wouldn't the shared library find a defn of
> __foo_frame_info in the executable or another library just fine?

Since __foo_frame_info is in the current shared
library, the existing binaries will use it. If
we take them out of the shared library, dynamic
linker won't find them.

Ulrich, if we always put those __foo_frame_info
in libc.so, we don't need !CRTSTUFFS_O. But I
don't know if it is desirable.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)