Re: last changes and problems

> And now a problem.  Since I have the SMP machine in my office I found
> occsionally problems with ex3 and ex6 in the LinuxThreads test.  The

I have seen that a few times myself. But everytime when I tried to
debug them, I couldn't reproduce them at all. That is why I didn't
report them.

> programs simply don't terminate occsionally.  With my new home machine
> I see the same but much more frequently.  I guess you need a fast SMP
> machine to see the problem (which of course would mean we have a race
> somewhere).  I think HJ has 2x 180MHz PPro (right?) and this is

I got a dual PPro 166. It was fast then. Now it is slow :-).

> probably not fast enough.  At least I haven't heard any complains from
> him.

> I'll investigate this bug since it might also be the reason for some
> of the vague thread-related bug reports I got over time.

Have you made gdb 4.17.0.6 to work with glibc 2.1? Did you see the same
problem on glibc 2.0. You may be able to use gdb 4.17.0.6 to see what is
going on with glibc 2.0.

H.J.