Re: Symbol versioning question

> But this can't be avoided.  Every part of the binary, statically or
> dynamically linked, must use the same version of libio.  So if you have a
> library that uses a GLIBC_2.0 FILE it won't work with another library that
> uses a GLIBC_2.1 FILE.

Unfortunately this effectively means, that
if I bought (e.g.) a Motif library for libc5,
and then bought another version for glibc 2.0,
I must buy the third one if I want to be able
to compile and link my projects. Was this
really planned when the glibc came out? - I surely
didn't have this impression and expected the 2.0
interface to live at least as long as libc 5 :-(

Or am I getting this wrong?

Regards
--
					Stano