Re: va_dcl

> From: "Jack Howarth" <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu>
> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:03:18 -0500
> Cc: libc-alpha@cygnus.com
>
> Geoff,
>    Your using X11R6.3 to build xfig though correct? We are using XFree86
> which I find adds a -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500L define to the compiler flags.
> If I don't undefine that I get compile errors. You might try using XFree86
> to build xfig and see how that goes because I suspect the flags xmkmf
> generates may be quite different than what X11R6.3 does.

OK, I finally installed XFree86 on my system (except for the actual X
server), and built xfig.  It turns out that the file in question has

<all of its includes>
#include <varargs.h>

in it, and stdio.h has

# ifndef __USE_XOPEN
#  define __need___va_list
# endif
# include <stdarg.h>

and stdarg.h wins, and xfig is expecting varargs.

The fix is easy, move <varargs.h> to the top of w_srchrepl.c in xfig.

I take it that the code in stdio.h is intentional.  It sounds like the
sort of thing that the X/Open standards require :-(.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>