RE: glibc 2.0.110

> >    It's also on sourceware.cygnus.com.
> >
> > Which is located in the US, which makes it impossible for us non-US
> > citizens to download it without breaking the US export laws on
> > cryptographic software.
>
> Does somebody know whether the situation has changed
> after the Wassenaar Arrangement? It could well be
> that this is now a non-issue for many of us (there
> is some clause regarding software in the "public domain",
> but I am no lawyer to view all the implications
> of the text).

http://www.wassenaar.org/ is the official site.  Free software is
SPECIFICALLY EXEMPT from the Wassenaar Agreement.  This means that until
December 1999, when the issue goes up for renewal or re-addressing, free
software / opensource crypto can freely flow.  I am not a lawyer, so take
these statements for what they're worth.  However, I've written various
crypto packages and my lawyer tells me that my interpretation is correct.
Then again, I'm sure the government has lawyers too, and they're paid to see
things their way...:)

Mac.