Re: iconv changes

Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> The reading of the gconv configuration still takes some significant part
> of the startup time, but it is much better than before.

Well, the data to be read is quite complex so I think with the plain
file format we've reached the limit.  Almost.  I've a few more things.
It is possible to use strcmp instead of strcasecmp in most case if the
input is prepared appropriately.  I'll probably try this today.

But the big burst of performance can only be achieved if there is an
program writing a directly usable file.  I.e., we need the tree
representation in the external file (and in an machine independent
way).

Thanks Andreas.