Re: Bug with dlclose and static class elements

> From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
> Date: 01 Feb 1999 10:56:50 +0100

> IMHO this is a bug in gcc.  It should not use atexit to register the
> dtor for static local objects.  Instead it should set up an entry in
> the .dtors section.  There is no (standard) way to unregister an
> atexit function, and implementing it would require to put a hook
> into libc for use by the dynamic linker.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, anything less than the right
fix is a waste of time in my humble opinion, and the right fix is I
claim obvious and singular.  We have talked about it before.

If someone wants to implement this, I'd be happy to explain again or
critique a proposal.