Re: Proposed solution for nsswitch.c compilation

Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> An alternative would be to add the following in an architecture
> specific directory for each architecture that has problems:
> ifeq ($(subdir),nss)
> CFLAGS-nsswitch.c = -D__NO_STRING_INLINES
> endif

I don't want to add this in general.  And from Richard I haven't heard
that Alpha with a reasonable compiler have problems.  Richard gives it
a shot now and we'll decide afterwards.

For MIPS, I don't really care.  Those who compile for MIPS must know a
lot so it is not inadequate to ask for knowing about this as well.  Of
even better: expect them to use a very recent compiler.