Re: A new pthread patch

> hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:
>
> > I don't like to call __libc_allocate_rtsig () for thread signals. It
> > is very unreliable for gdb. Here is my patch for linuxthreads. It moves
> > thread signals to glibc, which will be initialized at the link time. I
> > will send you a patch for glibc in another email.
>
> No.  This would hardcode the IMO stupid debugger interface we
> currently have.  Why should the current scheme be unreliable?

How can you guarantee those real-time signals are not used for
other purposes? We have __libc_allocate_rtsig () in <signal.h>.
I can image someone wants to call it to get a free signal.

BTW, I will make gdb 4.17.0.11 next week. I will make my 2 patches for
glibc 2.1 available if you don't want them in glibc 2.1 unless you can
provide me a patch for gdb which is as reliable as gdb 4.17.0.11.

Thanks.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)