Re: Integrating BIND 8.2

   Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:37:07 +1000
   From: Geoff Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>

   > Unfortunately we cannot use the DSA code included in bind 8.2, since
   > it is not freely distributable.

   That's OK.  It's easy enough to rewrite stuff like this.  Probably
   the BIND people would be happy to have a LGPLed version.

To avoid duplication, I want to let everyone know that I'm currently
writing the necessary DSA code.  I've implemented and tested the
necessary SHA-1 algorithm (with an interface that's similar to the MD5
functions we already have).  I'm now working on DSA itself, and most
of it is already done.  So when we integrate BIND 8.2 (not before
glibc 2.2 I suppose) it should be possible to have at least the DSA
algorithm available.  I'll maintain the code until it is absolutely
clear that DSA is exportable from the US.

Mark