Re: playing games with symbol versions

> Is there any way, when linking a program on a libc-2.1 system, to
> force it to use only the GLIBC_2.0 symbols?  I'm looking at a bug in
> the libio backward compat code, and it would make my life easier if I
> could compile testcases.

I think you might be able to use a version script when linking the program
itself to bind its external symbols to specific version sets.  i.e., try
taking the libc version script for building 2.0 and linking your program
with -Wl,-version-script=that-script.

If that doesn't work, then you may have to actually build your programs
under a 2.0 installation and then debug them on the 2.1 installation.