Re: Change in libc-hacker list handling

Crash already introduced the changes, so only a few more comments from me.

a magnet for spammers.  But we cannot put effective spam protection at
our mail server since some customers might use the ISPs which allow
spamming or relay spam.

On the other hand, with a completely new mail address this is
possible.  sourceware has a very drastic spam protection.  It even now
allows restricting postings to the lists for people not on the list
(this is what is now in place for libc-hacker and it is why you have
to register mail addresses you are using).

So, for the benefit of getting rid of spam please use sourceware from
now on exclusively so that we can remove the forwarder ASAP.

Another advantage of the mailing list handling on sourceware is that
it is much faster.  It uses a different program.  It wasn't much of a
problem for libc-hacker (since there are only a few people) but it
helps larger lists dramatically.

A last point is that it makes life easier for me since the mailing
list program takes care of undeliverable mail.  It will try to resend
quite some time but if it fails for too long (don't know how long this
actually is) it automatically unsubscribes people.  This might be a
problem for some people if they have unreliable mail servers but I
haven't seen this so far.  In any case, you can subscribe again later.

Hopefully this will improve quality.  And please thank Crash for all
the work he has done to put the infrastructures in place.