Re: GPL (not LGPL) in libio and restrictions

> Interesting.  I think there is a loophole wich makes it possible to
> use a libc that contains libio under all circumstances:
>
>    As a special exception, if you link this library with files
>    compiled with a GNU compiler to produce an executable, this does
>    not cause the resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General
>    Public License.

We, Ulrich, Adam and I,  had a dicussion with RMS on this. RMS has
agreed to the following new words:

   As a special exception, if you link this library or the library,
   which is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License
   and contains this library, to produce an executable or shared object
   file, this does not cause the resulting executable or shared object
   file to be covered by the GNU General Public License.  This
   exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why the
   executable or shared object file might be covered by the GNU General
   Public License.

H.J.