[daemon@cygnus.com] Re: Bug in dl-open()...

The mail had an old address in the header.  Therefore resent here.

Since you might have not seen the original mail either a short
explanation.  Scott is seeing crashes in the elf/ subdir tests of
glibc since during dlopen the search for the call in dl_open_worker
fails.

My guess is that the __builtin_return_address function for ARM fails
or some other errors lead to an incorrect `caller' value.

Sorry, I am unable to deliver your mail note to libc-hacker@cygnus.com,
that list name is no longer used.  Please try resending your mail
note to the new list name:  libc-hacker@sourceware.cygnus.com.

If you have any questions about this, send mail to sourcemaster@cygnus.com.
This is a machine-generated message.

Here is a copy of the note you sent.

Scott Bambrough <scottb@netwinder.org> writes:

> l_name = "", l_addr = 0x00000000
> l_name = libdl.so.2, l_addr = 0x40001000
> l_name = libc.so.6, l_addr = 0x4000b000
> l_name = ld-linux.so.2, l_addr = 0x00001000
>
> I bet on the x86, ld-linux.so.2 is loaded at address 0x00000000 when run as a
> program.

You lost the bet.  The dynamic loader is loaded at 0x2aaaa000 on x86.

Please tell me what the content of `caller' is.  I assume this value
is wrong.