Re: A question on nscd

> > The things I like in nscd are unix domain socket and multi-thread.
>
> As I understand it, nscd doesn't use the DNS TTL data, and so is inferior to
> a caching BIND. Therefore it is better to avoid it if you are using DNS.

If it becomes a problem, we have to take another look. The problem
I am working on is mountd. The Linux mountd does many DNS calls
for each mount/umount request. When it gets many mount/umount request,
those DNS calls slow it down. Of course, we can put those clients in
/etc/hosts. But I like to see if nscd will help.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)