Re: dlopen problems

Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> writes:

> That doesn't work either. I have enable DT_SYMBOLIC for module.so and the
> same broken behavior exists.

I misunderstood the situation.  The function you want to call is not
in the object itself but instead in the dependency.

The ld.so handles this correctly.  There is no bug.  This is the
documented behaviour in the ELF specification.

Several months ago we corrected the behaviour of ld.so to follow this
rule.  Before that your test program would have succeeded.  But this
is really wrong.

What we want to do at some point is to define a new flag with the
semantics you want.  But for now there is no possbility except using
dlopen().