ELF changes

Hi,

First, I'm back.  Thanks to Andreas for taking care of the checkins.

Next, I've checked in (most of) the patches I've been working on over
the last week.  They are updating the ld.so to be closer to the next
revision of the ELF specification.  Unfortunately, the specification
is not yet publically available so please don't ask whether I can send
it.

I've a few more changes but they need a bit more testing.  About the
changes I've checked in I'm also not 100% sure whether they work.  We
will find out as soon as the linker has been updated and we can test
it.  I'll start the linker work sometime soon.