Re: POLL* constants

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl> writes:

|> In `sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/poll.h', POLLWRNORM differs from
|> POLLOUT.  The relevant standards (Unix98, the new X/Open Issue 6
|> draft) document POLLOUT as `Same value as POLLWRNORM'.  Some of the
|> other architectures indeed have
|>
|>    #define POLLWRNORM POLLOUT
|>
|> Does anybody know why POLLWRNORM and POLLOUT are seperate bits?

Probably because the one who wrote /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/poll.h
didn't know what he was doing.

|> By the way, does anyone know what POLLMSG supposed to mean.  I cannot
|> find any documentation on it, and it is never used in the Linux kernel
|> sources at all.  Maybe we should remove it?

Perhaps it has something to do with recvmsg?

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@suse.de                                   completely different."