Re: memprof

 > Hi,
 > I've checked in a little program I wrote one or two years ago.  It
 > allows profiling to use of memory allocation (heap and stack).  A
 > preloadable module generates some binary output which is then
 > transformed into a graphic by another program.

 > The unusual thing about this addition is that the program depends on a
 > library not part of glibc.  There is a configure test to test whether
 > the program can be generated but for bootstrapping this is of course
 > not possible.  But I really don't care that much about this case and
 > have added a Makefile rule to still allow generating the program
 > afterwards.

I only see one problem:  Where do distributions put the include files
and libraries?  Your configure test doesn't work for SuSE which uses
/usr/include/gd/ and /usr/lib/libgd.a.

Before I change the configure test, I'd like to get feedback from
other distributors about the location of libgd files.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de