K&R and ISO

Hi,

I got today the news that ISO C99 passed the JTC.  This has multiple
implications:

- glibc is (almost) ready

- we are missing the nice "ISO C9A" joke

But this also brought up anothing thing: after 10 years we are still
carrying around the balast of K&R.  And this with a cost everybody has
to pay everything s/he uses a compiler.

I really think this is not acceptable anymore.  K&R is dead, at least
on GNU platforms.  Therefore I would like to drop all K&R
compatibility.  This means, all headers will loose the __P and the
__const and whatever junk we have.  I think this can considerably
speed up the preprocessor.

Does anybody have problems with this?  Are there any chances that you
could thinnk this is a problem?