Re: A patch for libresolv

hjl@valinux.com (H.J. Lu) writes:

> There are many options in libresolve. However, there are no codes to
> set them. Here is a patch to handle options for libresolve.

Where is the existing practice for this?  We cannot simply invent this
because at least I don't understand the code completely.

Just a brief look already showed a problem.  The RES_IGNTC flag is
used in the bind 8 code internally (res_sendsigned.c).  It is
obviously not meant to be set by the user.  Probably this is correct
for the rest as well.

I'll compare the res_init code in glibc and in bind 8 and make
whatever changes this suggests.  But simply extending the option
format is not correct.