Re: rlimit changes

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> writes:

|> Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:
|>
|> > SUS2 says that rlim_t is unsigned.  Will you ignore that?  This has
|> > nothing to do with the kernel.
|>
|> It's not my call.  The kernel people will decide and I now that the
|> guy who's responsible for ALpha (incidently in the office next to
|> mine) does not want this change.  The type can be unsigned but the
|> actual limit values nevertheless can remain the same for the platforms
|> where it makes no sense to have larger values.

So why don't you just wait until the kernel issue settles down instead of
breaking all but the ix86 platform?  Fact is that the libc ABI has
changed, and my changes have restored binary compatibity, but your changes
have remove it without any need.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."