Re: Fix typos, comments in <pthread.h>

 > Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>> Here's a documentation patch for linuxthreads.

 > Thanks.

>> Btw. shouldn't we move the internal functions like
>> __pthread_key_create to an internal header?  The only question is to
>> which one...

 > Ideally, yes.  If you can test out what has to be changed to move the
 > protoypes into internals.h and send a patch I'll apply it.

The problem is that those __pthread functions are exported via
linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/bits/libc-lock.h and malloc/thread-m.h.
We could move those to a common include file but I don't see directly
an elegant way.

But another question: Why do we install <bits/libc-lock.h>?
None of the installed include files in glibc on Linux uses it:

$ grep "libc-lock.h" /usr/include/*/*.h /usr/include/*.h
/usr/include/bits/libc-lock.h:#endif    /* bits/libc-lock.h */
$

Grepping through the whole glibc shows that it's only included in
sysdeps/unix/dirstream.h and sysdeps/mach/hurd/dirstream.h

Shouldn't we move the declarations to libc-lock.h and only install
libc-lock.h for those systems that need it?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de