Re: sysdeps/posix/{pread64,pwrite64}.c

> But you are not using it on a system which has a really functional
> thread implementation.

Nor is anyone else using the sysdeps/posix implementations.  What on earth
is your point?  (Anyway, the hurd does have a "really function thread
implementation", as in programs that are multithreaded really work--that
has been the case since before you took over glibc.  What it does not have
is a pthreads implementation, which is a fine reason for people to expect
to cope with not having a pread function in libc 2.1.)

> Fact is that there is and will be systems using glibc without having
> threads.  You force the porters to have own copies of the code we now
> have in sysdeps/posix for no other reason but that the porters to
> complete Unix systems might overlook this broken implementation.

You seem to have forgotten what sysdeps is all about.  Create a
sysdeps/posix/singlethreaded for those systems to use and voila.  As I said
in the first place, the primary complaint is about the incorrect placement
of the code and only the secondary complaint is about its bogus content.
Anyway, what is this mythical glibc port that has no pthreads but is not hurd?
And what in heaven could make a future port an argument about what to put
in the 2.1 branch?!?