Re: Does today's gdb compile on Linux?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 05:06:48PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> writes:
>
> > Did you mean to change gdb? How about this patch? BTW, we may have
> > the same gdb problem on all other arches.
>
> No, no, no.  ucontext.h has to be included and keep the gdb crap out
> of the system headers.  Fix the gdb sources.

I created <sys/procfs.h> for bfd and gdb. Now you changed the meanings
of those types I created in <sys/procfs.h>, no matter how inappropriate
they were. At least, you should provide a way at the C preprocesser
level for bfd and gdb to tell that they are changed. It is very
irresponsible for you not to do so. Basically, what you did is change
API in <sys/procfs.h>. Please fix it.

Thanks.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)